Thank you for your interest in Ross as a potential employer. We hope you will take a moment to explore the job opportunities listed here. We encourage you to review our professional development opportunities. In addition to providing excellent support for our faculty, the Ross Institute has a number of opportunities for teaching professionals from all over the world.
All faculty have responsibilities in our Student Life programs. Preference is given to candidates who act as boarding parents, living in boarding houses with students. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Strings/Orchestra Arts Teacher creates and implements curriculum under the direction of the Head of Lower and Middle School and Domain Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Teacher designs and implements lessons and projects in a manner consistent with the Ross School mission and philosophy and provides students with age-appropriate activities and feedback.
- The Teacher composes learning evaluations and prepares for and participates in parent-teacher conferences, as needed.
- Applicants should be highly accomplished on a principal instrument and capable of playing violin, viola, cello, and bass.
- The ideal candidate has experience teaching elementary, middle school and high school students, including beginners through NYSSMA level 6 players.
- Piano and/or guitar skills are a plus.
French and Spanish Teacher Leave Replacement
The Upper School French and Spanish Teacher works under the direction of the Dean of the World Language and Literature Domain, who oversee all curriculum and faculty in our French and Spanish program, which serves students K–12. This position commences in August and ends December 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates must be interested in teaching in a program that emphasizes the integration of history and culture into the language program.
- Must be able to help students appreciate the need for language learning in today’s world.
- Responsibilities also include curriculum development, sequencing and integration, and student evaluation and placement.
- Candidates for the Spanish teacher at Ross should have experience teaching grades 7–12 as well as the ability to teach advanced courses
Preference is given to candidates who act as boarding parents, living in boarding houses with students. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Experience / User Interface Designer
Ross Institute seeks an in-house UX/UI designer to work on a custom online content delivery platform comprising an integrated K–12 curriculum and a suite of digital educational tools including assignment and lesson plan builder. This is a yearlong, full-time position starting immediately with the possibility of extension. Candidates willing to commit 20–30 hours per week will also be considered. The position may be based in East Hampton, NY, or in New York City, with flexibility to travel to East Hampton 1–2x/month, as needed.
- Collaborate with design team to define and implement solutions for product direction, visuals, and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and rationalize designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Demonstrable UX/UI design skills with a strong portfolio with documented design process
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Experience working effectively with developers
- Knowledge of current UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience in educational projects is highly preferred
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ross Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidate mus sign a confidentiality agreement. Please submit resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work to email@example.com.